February 23rd, 2017Follow on Twitter
If you can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, I can assure you that we will do everything we can to assist you in a timely and effective manner.
Prior to contacting the office, please determine whether or not our office is best suited to handle your case. Our office can only assist residents of the Sixth Congressional District and if your case is related to the Federal Government. For a complete list of federal government agencies, please click here.
What We Can Do
- Facilitate conversations with federal government agencies.
- Request a status update on your VA, Social Security, or Medicare case.
- Request that an agency consider or reconsider a case on your behalf.
What We Cannot Do
- Assist you with state and municipal matters. If your issue involves state or municipal agencies, please contact your state legislators or contact the state agency directly. The Office of the Governor of Massachusetts may also be able to assist you with state issues.
- Assist you with legal matters
- Assist you with issues regarding private companies.
- Demand a federal agency to approve your claim.
How to Initiate a Request
In order to receive assistance from my office you must fill out a Privacy Act Release Form. In accordance with the Privacy Act passed by Congress in 1974, a U.S. Congressional Office cannot release any information regarding your case to any agency or person without your written consent. My office uses the information on the Privacy Act Release Form to create your case when contacting an agency on your behalf.
You may download the Privacy Act Release HERE and send it to my district office located at:
Congressman Seth Moulton
Attention: Constituent Service Rep.
21 Front Street
Salem, MA 01970
You may also fax the form to: (978) 224-2270
A letter explaining your problem or request is helpful for my staff to gain an understanding of your particular issue; supporting material offers a more complete picture of your situation and can be useful in providing relevant background information.
Please do not hesitate to contact my office at (978) 531-1669, should this be a time-sensitive matter, or if you have any questions about this process.
Explore the cases our office has completed using the tool below.
Get Updates from Seth
How Can Seth Help You?
In this section, you will find information on the many ways my office can help you and your family. Below is a list of the issues we commonly address. If you cannot find what you're looking for, please either email me or call my Salem District Office and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.