Moulton Hosting Fifth-Annual Peter J. Gomes Service Award on Thursday
Annual award recognizes people for giving back to their communities.
SALEM, Mass. – Congressman Seth Moulton (D-MA) will announce the recipient of the fifth-annual Peter J. Gomes Service Award this Thursday during a virtual public ceremony.
The award ceremony will take place on Thursday, October 15th at 5:00 pm, and will be streamed live on Rep. Moulton’s Congressional Office Facebook page.
The finalists for the award are:
- Carlos Prudencio, a junior at Lynn English High School and community advocate
- Elizabeth Lopez, a volunteer at the Lynn Salvation Army
- Elizabeth Pettis, Executive Director of the Salisbury Council on Aging
- Joyce Deliyiannis, founder of Burlington’s Help Me Help Someone Inc. (HELPIS)
- Vickie Mata, case manager at the Lynn Shelter Association
Moulton created The Peter J. Gomes Service Award to recognize community members who best epitomizes the qualities of integrity, compassion, and commitment to community. These principles were the foundation of the late Reverend Professor Peter J. Gomes’ teachings. Gomes was the minister at Harvard’s Memorial Church and a mentor to Moulton.
More details about the award, as well as a list of past winners, can be found online.
DATE: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15TH, 2020
TIME: 5:00 pm
LOCATION: Webcast on facebook live.
# # #